April 2019 Release
The following changes and enhancements have been made in the April release of easyFBT 2019 (2019.1.0.2):
Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) Return 2019 and SBR Interactions
The ATO Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) Return 2019 form has been added to this version and can be produced as a paper form for manual lodgement with the ATO as per prior years or when using the Electronic Lodgement (SBR) Interaction Manager to lodge electronically.
Enhancements and other changes
Digitally signed installers
To provide additional security to our installers we have now digitally signed our .exe and .msi files to give extra confidence that our files are valid and have not been tampered with by 3rd parties.
Added the ability to enter negative loan repayments to Custom loans allowing adjustments to the principal value of the loan.
- The Reporting and Electronic Lodgement (SBR) Interaction Managers will now default to the last selected item when re-opening each dialog.
- Various documents that currently open in Adobe Acrobat can now be displayed (by default) in a tabbed document within the easyFBT Workspace. To change this setting, open the Tools -> Options -> Documents page.
- Various changes to the workpaper column help content
Due to a bug in Microsoft Windows 10 Release 1809 and Microsoft .Net Framework when browsing for files or folders whilst in a Wizard an application fault may occur (a red cross appears in the Wizard background). We have re-packaged the wizard component to handle this issue, whilst a recent cumulative update from Microsoft (KB4483452) should also fix this issue.
September 2018 Release
The following changes and enhancements have been made in the September release of easyFBT 2019 (2019.1.0.1):
Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2
Following Microsoft end-of-life guidelines we are now no longer supporting Microsoft Windows XP or Vista (we did hold out for a number of years but no clients appear to the utilising these platforms any longer). This has allowed us the opportunity to move forward to newer versions of the Microsoft .Net Framework which will give us the ability to add new features and upgrade the base platform into the future. Most currently supported versions of Microsoft Windows have either Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2 or better already installed. Refer to the Installation Guide for further information.
Enhancements and other changes
We have added a Middle Name field to the Employee workpaper allowing you to provide more identifiable information for your employees. (user request)
For the 2019 FBT year only, when rolling over employees, where multiple names have been added to the First Name field in the Employee workpaper (ie. Lisa Mary) we will automatically move the second (and any subsequent) names into the new Middle Name field.
With the upgrade of the Microsoft .Net Framework, we have been able to integrate displaying the Fringe Benefits Tax Return form within a tab in the easyFBT workspace (ie. like workpapers, reports etc). The added (and most important!) benefit of this is that you will be able to export the form to PDF and include all completed form information and numbers. Therefore you will no longer require Adobe Professional (or equivalent) to save copies of your forms (with data) for future reference.
As with each FBT year, rates and other values are required to be updated. The following changes have been made for the 2019 FBT year:
- Updated the Car Parking public holidays table with the 2018/19 State/Territory gazetted public holidays;
- Updated the Statutory Benchmark Interest Rate (5.20%);
- Updated CPI Indexation factors for Housing;
- Updated the Cents per Km rates for Residual Non-Cars: 0 to 2500cc (54c), Over 2500cc (65c), Motorcycles (16c); and
- Updated the Living Away From Home Allowance (LAFHA) country codes and rates